1. Background of UIDAI
The Unique Identification Authority of India is a statutory authority established under the provisions of the Aadhaar Act, 2016 July 12, 2016 by the Government of India, under the Department of Electricity and Information Technology (MeitY). Prior to its establishment as an official authority, UIDAI operated as an attached office for NITI Aayog. In view of his gazette announcement, the government has revised the distribution of business rules to attach UIDAI to MeitY.
|Full form of UIDAI:
|Unique Identification Authority of India
|12 July 2016
|Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)
|CEO of UIDAI:
|Shri Pankaj Kumar
2. UIDAI and Aadhaar
Aiming to establish a strong system to eliminate duplicate / counterfeit ownership in a cost-effective manner, supported by verification and validation, the government introduced Aadhaar. Aadhaar is a unique ID number that will be issued to all Indian citizens. The Unique Identification Authority of India was created to issue Unique Identification Numbers (UID) under Aadhaar to all citizens of India. Under the Aadhar Act of 2016, the Unique Identification Authority of India is responsible for Aadhaar registration and certification, which includes the operation and management of all stages of the Aadhaar life cycle, to develop the policy, process and process for issuing Aadhaar numbers to individuals. , to make sure. , and ensure the protection of identity information and personal identification records.
3. Services provided by UIDAI
In the ongoing process of linking all identity cards (driver's license, PAN, voter ID, passport) and accounts (bank accounts, cell phone numbers, etc.) with Aadhaar, the government authorizes phased communication. Currently, it is mandatory to link PAN to a bank account with Aadhaar. UIDAI provides Aadhar-related online and offline services. Services range from updating registrant information, to data processing and evaluating the status of proposed applications. To use these services offline, a person may visit the registration center with the required documents and their problems will be resolved.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has released a mobile app known as mAadhaar, which can be downloaded from your Google Play Store. The following services are provided with this mAadhaar app:
- Profile Creation: Aadhaar profile can only be created if you have a registered mobile number
- You can lock and unlock your biometrics information
- Virtual ID Generation
- Enter your 12-letter Aadhaar number.
- Make sure your mobile connection is active, enter details and click confirm.
- Enter OTP sent to - your registered mobile number, and your profile will be created.
- Aadhaar owners can easily lock and unlock their biometrics identification resources at any time.
- The owner can share his eKYC via message or email directly.
- One can now share with his eKYC. use the timed OTP location of the mAadhaar application, which will only run for 30 seconds.
- This application allows users to share information using QR code, which prevents any data leaks.
- Owner can order a newly printed Aadhar card from the mAadhaar application by providing aadhaar details of the verification and payment process.
5. Role of UIDAI
In addition to the services provided, the Unique Identification Authority of India also plays a key role in ensuring confidentiality, good governance, and the development of a more robust system. Some areas where UIDAI plays a key role are:
- Ku develop a policy, process and system for issuing Aadhaar number to people, who asked for the same by sending their statistics knowledge and biometric knowledge by performing the process of to register.
- Ensuring the availability, measurement and robustness of technological infrastructure.
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of personal information, information, and authentication records for individuals.
- Ensuring compliance with the Aadhaar Act by all individuals and agencies.
- To bring the rules and regulations in line with the Aadhaar Act, to make the provisions of the Aadhaar Act.
6. UIDAI Ecosystem
At the core of the program, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has two processes:
- Registration and Review
The registration process consists of subscribers and registration agencies. In collaboration with registrars, registration agencies set up registration centers, where citizens can register for Aadhar. Multi-fingerprint scanners, iris scanners, and cameras, approved by UIDAI are set up and linked to the UIDAI designed Application Programming Interface (API). A registrant is a business that is authorized or recognized by UIDAI to register individuals. Registration agencies are appointed by registrars and are responsible for collecting demographic and biometric information during the registration process by engaging with authorized operators / managers.
UIDAI has put in place a comprehensive process for rapid citizen verification. The Aadhar certification ecosystem is capable of managing tens of millions of daily certifications and can be continuously expanded according to individual needs. The Unique Identification Authority of India has appointed Authentication Service Agency (ASAs) and Authentication User Agencies (AUAs) to various governments and non-governmental organizations.
7. Organizational Structure of UIDAI
The DDGs are supported by Assistant Directors-General (ADGs), Deputy Directors, Divisional Officers and Assistant Divisional Officers. HQ has a total of 127 authorized officers and employees, including accounts and IT departments. Each regional office is headed by a Deputy Director-General (DDG) and the support structure includes Assistant Directors-General, Deputy Directors, Divisional Officers, Assistant Divisional Officers, Chief Accounting Officer, Auditor-General and independent staff.
8. Grievances Redressal of UIDAI
- UIDAI Communication Center
UIDAI has established a Contact Center for dealing with questions and complaints related to Aadhaar registration, reviews and other resources. When a resident arrives at the registration center, the operator provides a written confirmation to register the complaint. The resident can continue to follow up on the status review by quoting the consent slip number.
Citizens have the option of sending their complaints to the headquarters or regional offices of the Unique Identification Authority of India. Complaints are assessed and referred to the relevant authority / public grievance officer at UIDAI. The relevant regional office / section concerned dismisses the complaint by responding directly to the complainant under notification of the appellate custody, UIDAI.
- Indian Government Public Complaints Portal
Complaints are received by the Unique Identification Authority of India through a public complaints website - pgportal.gov.in.
- DPG (Director of Public Complaints)
- DARPG (Department of Public Change and Complaints Change)
- Parent Organization
- Direct Receipts
- Office of the Secretary to the President
- Office of the Minister
- Office of the Premier
Complaints are screened and forwarded online to the relevant official.
Frequently, complaints are received via email by UIDAI officials. These emails are being screened and forwarded to the relevant authorities. The officer concerned dismissed the complaint by responding to the complainant by e-mail under notification of the complaints cell.
9. Latest updates of UIDAI
UIDAI has released a new app for Android and IOS users to enable Aadhaar owners to download their Aadhaar card to mobile phones and keep it up to date. The app is known as the mAadhaar app. The latest version of the mAadhaar app has two major categories:
- Aadhaar Services Dashboard: One window for all Aadhaar Internet services running on any Aadhaar owner.
- My Aadhaar section: Customized space for your profile of Aadhaar.
To prevent the misuse of Aadhar number, (UIDAI) India's Unique Identification Authority provides a feature to lock their biometric information such as fingerprints and iris scanning.
10. UIDAI Regional Offices
|Region or Union Areas Covered
|Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu
|Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand and Rajasthan
|Bengaluru td> < td> Kerala, Tamil Naidu, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep and Karnataka
|Chandigarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh
|Tripura and Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
|Andaman and Nicobar, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
Frequently Asked Questions
Do’s and Don’ts for Filling up Aadhaar update Form
- The form must be completed in capital only
- Fill in all the fields for review
- Mobile number is mandatory for any updates
- Complete the form in English and language of place used during Adhar registration
- Names should not have the same greetings as Mr / Mrs / Ms / Dkt
- Make sure the full and complete address as the Adad card will be sent to that address
- Specify the word clearly with a signature or thumbprint when you verify the supporting documentation yourself
- Attach the relevant documentation in support of the required update. only
- Incorrect information and lack of supporting documentation will cause the request to be rejected
What to do if you lose your UIDAI Aadhaar card?
If you have lost / discarded your Adhaar card. Don't worry. You can get a duplicate Aadhar card by downloading PDF / Aadhaar online by visiting the UIDAI website and accessing Adhar online resources.
For how long is the Aadhar card valid?
The Aadhaar card/number is valid for life.
Can UIDAI Aadhaar card be made online?
No, Adhar registration is a one-time physical procedure that can be performed at any Aadhaar registration center. To find the nearest Aadhar registration center, visit the UIDAI website and search the Aadhaar registration center.
What is the purpose of having an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar is a unique ID number that enables every Indian resident to know the following:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Obtaining Government Grants
- Eligibility for Opening and Using Bank Accounts
- Money Tax Income - Adhaar is a mandatory requirement for processing and completing income tax returns
- Gas Connection
- Mutual Fund - Aadhaar Card is Beneficial to Complete KYC Combined Investment