1. Aadhaar Card Overview
Aadhaar is a 12-digit number generated based on factors such as human data and individual biometric data. The official body of Aadhaar is the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Government of India.
UIDAI was established in 2016 with the aim of providing good, efficient and transparent governance to the people of India. It has the following features:
|Name Of Aadhaar Issuing Authority||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Aadhaar Customer Care Number||1947|
|Inception of Aadhaar Card|
|Validity Of Aadhaar Card||Lifetime|
|Number Of Enrolment Centers||More than 30,000|
|Number Of Enrolments||119 crore (approximate)|
|Key people|| J. Satyanaraya, IAS, Chairman, UIDAI|
Pankaj Kumar, IAS, CEO, UIDAI
2. Aadhaar Card Eligibility
The eligibility for an Aadhaar card is :
- Any resident of India (newborns / children) is eligible to receive an Aadhaar card. While the Aadhaar card is for adults, Baal Aadhaar is for children under five
- NRIs and immigrants living in India for more than 12 months are eligible for Aadhaar. It is proposed to issue an Aadhaar card for Indians who do not live with Indian passports after their arrival in India without waiting 180 days.
3. Documents Required for Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar requires two types of documents - Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Identity (POI). The following documents are sufficient to meet the conditions:
|Proof of identification (POI)||Proof of address (POA)|
|Certificate of Birth||Ration/PDS card|
|Voter identification card|
4. Steps to enroll for Aadhaar Card
- Find the Aadhaar registration center by visiting the official website.
- Complete the form with the requested information.
- Submit the required documents.
- Provide your biometrics (fingerprints and iris scan).
- Get a registration confirmation slip.
- Aadhaar registration is done voluntarily and free of charge.
The Aadhaar card given to a newborn / young child is known as the ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card. It is blue in color and does not include biometric details such as the cardholder's fingerprint and iris scanner, unlike the adult card.
- Visit the UIDAI website and find the nearest registration center with a copy of the child's birth certificate.
- One of the child's parents must forcibly provide their Aadhaar number for confirmation. Bali Aadhaar will do connected with parents Aadhaar.
- Complete the Baal Aadhar application form with all the relevant details and mobile number you wish to make register Bali Adhaar with
- A photo of the child / toddler will be taken. If the child is under 5 years old, no biometrics will be availablerecordings
- After completing the above steps, collect the acceptance slip
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to the mobile number provided on the application form, followed by Bali Aadhar will be sent to the designated address
6. Check Aadhaar card Status
7. Download/Print Aadhaar card
If you have successfully signed up for the Aadhaar card but have not received a visible copy yet, you can download and print a PDF version of the Aadhaar card, also known as e-Aadhaar from the Aadhaar website. This is universally accepted. Go to the UIDAI website, to download your Aadhaar.
8. Aadhaar Card Verification
It is now possible to easily verify Aadhaar online by the following steps:
Step 1: Log in to the official UIDAI website.
Step 2: Select the option – ‘Aadhaar services’ on the page.
Step 3: Select ‘Aadhaar Verification’ present on the page.
Step 4: Enter the unique 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Step 5: Enter the one-time password (OTP) that you will receive on your registered mobile phone.
Step 6: Submit the application. If there is a mismatch in details, you can call UIDAI toll free number – 1947 or visit UIDAI online. .
9. How to Update/Edit Aadhaar?
- Change personal details such as name, age, and marital status.
- Biometric Aadhaar data.
The two main reasons to update Aadhaar card details are:
You need a copy of the supporting document (POI / POA) to update the details. Renewals can be done by visiting the Aadhaar Registration Center or logging on to the UIDAI website to renew Adhar online.
10. Aadhaar Virtual ID
Aadhaar Visual ID is a different method than Aadhaar number. This visual ID is a 16-digit temporary code that is generated against the Aadhaar number. Remember that the visible ID under the condition can be used to retrieve the first Aadhaar card. Only one ID is generated compared to the Aadhaar number, and it can be started as often as the user wants.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if you lose your Aadhaar card?
If you have lost / misplaced your Aadhaar card, don't worry. You can get a duplicate Aadhaar card by downloading PDF / Aadhaar online by visiting the UIDAI website and accessing Aadhaar online services.
For how long is the Aadhaar card valid?
Aadhaar card / number is valid for life
Can the Aadhaar card be made online?
No, Aadhaar registration is a one-time physical procedure that can be performed at any Aadhaar registration center. To find the Aadhaar registration center near you, visit the UIDAI website and search for the Aadhaar registration center.
What is the purpose of having an Aadhaar Card?
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Access to government subsidy
- Eligibility to open and operate bank accounts
- Processing and filing income tax returns
- Phone connection
- Gas connection
- eKYC for mutual fund investments
- Aadhaar for eKYC (Know Your Customer)
Aadhaar is a unique identification number that enables each Indian person to have the following:
What is Aadhaar Authentication?
- Quick The Aadhaar card holder can share information with the service provider through a secure channel within minutes, thus eliminating long waiting times that the document itself does not want.
- Secure UIDAI only distributes digital encryption documents through secure channels, thus protecting the identity of the owner. These documents cannot be falsified. Cannot be used without the permission of the service provider and manager of Aadhaar.
- Consent-based UIDAI shares information with the service provider only after UIDAI has obtained explicit permission from the Aadhaar owner through biometric or OTP acceptance.
- Authorised The information provided by UIDAI contains verified information that makes it legal and acceptable to those involved in the transaction.
- Cost friendly The whole system is paperless and online, eliminating the flow of visual data and performing a costly and time-saving process.
Aadhaar Authentication is a method of verification where individual Aadhaar details are submitted to UIDAI and verified to allow cardholders to access services and benefits from the service provider. EKYC's Aadhaar is a great service requirement from many providers and has huge benefits for the user and the government. Here's why:
The eKYC process is paperless, enabling the service provider to manage documents quickly and efficiently.
What is a Plastic/PVC Aadhar card?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued an official statement informing all Aadhaar card holders to refrain from making plastic / PVC Aadhaar cards. These cards are unknown as the QR code is often invalid due to printing errors.
UIDAI also ensures that the original Aadhaar card issued or downloaded Aadhaar types printed on standard paper or mAadhaar is valid and people should avoid the so-called 'Aadhaar smart card'.