Import Export Code (IEC) Registration
Import Export Code (IEC) is a compulsory document needed by the traders who are making import and export from the territory of India. If you’re in the business of this type, you should procure this document as per the guidelines of Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under Department of Commerce, Government of India. It is a guaranteed, fast and risk free process, if you choose our Import Export Code Package. Get it done today through us and stay secured. Go through its details and know how it works THE BEST.
Import Export Code (IEC) Registration in India – An Overview
IEC (Import Export Code) is a compulsory document for the businesses involved in Import and Export done from the territory of India as controlled by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under Department of Commerce, Government of India. This 10-Digit unique number serves as an identification for the Import and Export businesses and without it such trades CANNOT operate in India unless otherwise mentioned. So, to start the Export and Import Business in India, the operators should know these important features of Import Export Code (IE Code):
- IE Code is valid for any type of businesses, such as, Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Private Limited or Charitable Organization that includes commercial activity of Import and Export in India. No exemption or separation is there based on Business’s size.
- IE Code is compulsorily required in these situations:
- For Customs Clearance of imported or export shipment
- In Bank Processing for transferring/receiving money to abroad
- This is a lifetime ID Proof issued by DGFT and remains valid until it is withdrawn.
- NO IE Code is required for these businesses:
- The traders who are registered under GST. In such cases, trader’s PAN should be taken as new IE Code at the time of Import/Export.
- Items imported/exported for personal purposes
- Import/Export through Government of India Departments and Ministries, Notified Charitable institutes
- The unit that stops import/export should surrender the IE Code with application to the DGFT Department.
- It is a legal offence to conduct import/export in India without valid IE Code unless stated otherwise under the rules of Customs applicable in India/Abroad.
BENEFITS OF IE CODE REGISTRATION
- IE Code is a mandatory document for those businesses of India that are growing to do import/export from this country.
- The Registered Unit comes under a number of legal rights, priorities and benefits to importers/exporters as per DGFT’s rule, Export Promotion Council, Customs, etc.
- IEC does not require compliances of filing Returns with DGFT, even if import/export is made by any business.
- IE Code Application is an easy process and requires NO import/export transaction proofs.
- NO Renewal required for IE Code as the code is lifelong VALID.
DOCUMENTATION FOR IE CODE REGISTRATION
- Individual’s/Firm’s/Company’s PAN Card
- Applicant’s copy of Voter ID/Driving License/Aadhaar Card/Passport
- Individual’s/Company’s/Firm’s cancelled cheque copy
- Incorporation Certificate/Partnership Deed
- Address proof of the business space (Registered). For rented business space, rental agreement of the same
- Landlord’s NOC, where the business space is located
- If you own the business space, property papers
- Electricity/Water Bills of business place
OUR PACKAGE IS OFFERING YOU:
- Application Filing
- Submission Fee and Update
- IE Code Delivery
PROCEDURE FOR IE CODE REGISTRATION
STEP–1) Documents Collection and Checking
Provide us the required information and documents. First thing we’ll do before processing the application is to check the correctness and relevance of these papers to make it a hassle-free process without any rejection/complication.
STEP–2) Drafting IE Code Application
We’ll be finalizing the documents and information and proceed to draft your IE Application in Aayaat Niryaat Form No. 2A from the concerned Department of India. Application along with documents will be submitted and we’ll update you on time (Application can be filed online/offline).
STEP–3) Application Submission
We’ll be arranging to submit the IE Code Application to the Regional DGFT Office where the business is registered. Your DSC is required for submitting the Application online. The Application can also be submitted offline.
STEP–4) License Procurement and Delivery
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed thoroughly by the Department of DGFT and if approved, you will be granted the IE Code within 15 days and it will be delivered by email.
Now, as you’ve your IE Code, you’re a legal entity to operate Import and Export from India.
FAQs of import-export code
An importer/exporter code is a ten-digit unique number that is issued for the import to India or export from India. Having an IEC or importer-exporter code is mandatory for the person to make imports and export.
You can get the IEC (Import/export code) by visiting the website of DGBT. Open the services section, and you will get to see another option for IEC management, open that and click on apply for IEC, and Log in with your username and password. Fill out the mentioned form and upload the required documents. Lastly, pay the necessary fee and click on submit and generate an IEC certificate.
The regional office of the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), the Department of Commerce, and the Government of India provide the IEC (import-export codes) to the importer and exporters.
after the completion of all procedures and verifying the submitted documents, It will take 2 to 3 working days to provide you with IEC.
The charges for the application of the IEC are Rs.500. The payment can be made through online methods like net banking/credit card/debit card.
No. Once you get your IEC certificate then it is valid for a lifetime. There is no need for the renewal again.
The Director General must have found n individual doing certain activity against the law so his/her IEC can be suspended if any suspicious thing is done by the exporters or importers.
There are 60 full members currently in IEC: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, India, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, etc.
Yes. You can use your PAN as an import-export code (IEC) with the introduction of GST (Goods and Service Tax).
Our Customers Admire What We Do
I have been dealing with Myitronline and Gopal Varshney for over a decade now. The firm is highly professional, prompt, efficient and courteous. Its been a pleasure dealing with Gopal and I would highly recommend his services. Keep up the great work !!See More Testimonials