Institute of Chartered Accountant in India (ICAI) has launched Bulk UDIN for Certificates
In a measure to ensure the authenticity of the members, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has enabled the provision of generating Unique Documentation Identification Number (UDIN) in bulk for Certificated in UDIN Portal. As per the announcement made in June 17, 2020, the feature is available for the ICAI members only, who will now be able to generate UDIN in bulk (up to 300 UDINs) for various types of certificates in one go by uploading excel file of relevant data.
As per the ICAI regulation, it is mandatory for the Chartered Accountants to register all certificates issued by them with the UDIN portal, which can be verified by users and stakeholders.
Procedure to generate UDIN (as mentioned by UDIN Directorate, ICAI) in bulk is given below:
- Log in to the portal. From the Menu Bar, click on Bulk UDIN for Certificates
Note: At least 3 certificates and at most 300 certificates can be generated.
- Download the template file from Download Template button and open in Excel.
Note: The .xlse file can be opened in Excel 2007 and later version.
- Select Certificate Type from the dropdown.
- Input dates in the format as per your system/computer (It can be either mm/dd/yyyy or as 17 June 2020). It will be auto-formatted in Excel as dd-mm-yyyy. Do not use copy paste in this cell.
- Fill in all the parameters and values.
- Save the file.
- Click on the Upload File on the Certificate Form on UDIN Portal.
- Select the Excel file just saved now.
- Portal will display an Online Form with data filled from the uploaded file. Recheck the data.
- If correct, send and verify OTP and Submit.
Alternatively, the options of filling the details of Type of Certificates, Dates and Key Fields, etc. are available on the form itself.